Monday, November 26, 2018

Unauthorised Absence from Duty due to doubtful attitude of senior officer


Date: 21.12.2015
Place:   Bangalore
To
The Commissioner of Income-tax (Admn & CO),
O/o Pr. Chief Commissioner of  Income-tax,
Bangalore

Dear Sir,
                                    Sub: Unauthorised absence from duty- Reg
                                    Your Ref:F.No.201(3)/2015-16/Pr.CCIT dtd. 02.11.2015

            Please refer your letter F.No.201(3)/2015-16/Pr.CCIT dtd. 02.11.2015, which was received by me on 10.12.2015. I have neither relinquished the charge of JCIT (OSD) nor joined as ITAT consequent to CBDT Transfer Order No.89 of 2015 dated 19.06.2015. I was totally devastated when I found that in the transfer order against my name it was written in the remark column “NOT TO BE POSTED TO FIELD POSTING.”
            During the year 2014-15 I worked in International Taxation at Bangalore heading the Range-2. It is a known fact that many States had failed to achieve the budget target and it was Bangalore which has achieved the target. Many States across the International Taxation failed to achieve the target but International Taxation at Bangalore took the lead in the country. Keeping these facts in mind I find that remark “NOT TO BE POSTED TO FIELD POSTING” in the transfer order is more than unjust and unreasonable.
            I attempted to find the reason and I reliably learnt from Ms. Chandana Ramachandran, CIT (International Taxation) that she had requested a replacement in International Taxation as I had taken leave officially couple of times to take care of my father for the relapse of cancer and for some other urgent personal reasons. When I enquired further for such a remark in transfer order, then I further learnt that the remark was put in the transfer order to teach me a lesson as I had officially taken leave during the year. I find the action of person/s involved in inserting such a remark in the transfer order is vindictive, malicious, nasty and derogatory as it challenges the basic integrity and character of a person.
            Administration at Bangalore was silent and has never raised the issue with CBDT about why such a remark was written for an IRS Officer without any valid reason? After serving the Indian Revenue Service for more than fifteen years, if this is what I get back for my service then it is time to leave. I have already placed my resignation on 05.12.2015 and express that I have no interest now in being part of Indian Revenue Service.
On the contrary please go through my records from the date of joining the Indian Revenue Service and you will find, I had an outstanding career till the year 2007-08. A group of officers attempted to destroy my career by spoiling my ACR despite doing an excellent job. It was then I decided that I will sell DOSA’s on the road but shall not budge before anyone. I even placed my resignation for the first time in the year 2008 and was on unauthorized leave for couple of months. This is the first disconnect from the work that happened as administration never came to the rescue of protecting a sincere IRS officer from a motivated campaign. It is then I started research into the entire gamut of cooking.
Over the decade I not only standardized hundreds of Indian recipe spanning from Satvik to Non-Satvik cuisine but also innovated a radiant heat device through LPG which saves more than 30% LPG. On 13th May 2015, I was awarded a Gold Medal for the same innovation by DST-Lockheed Martin India Innovation Growth Programme 2015. It is a programme which is partnered by Department of Science and Technology, Stanford University, Indo-US Science Forum, University of Austin-Texas and FICCI to identify best innovation in our country.
On 8th October 2015, the innovation became the National Winner in Global Cleantech Innovation Programme 2015 and represented as one of the clean technologies of the world on a fully sponsored programme of United Nations at San Francisco on 19th November 2015. It is a programme where Ministry of MSME in partnership with United Nations Industrial Development Organization, Global Environment Facility, Cleantech Open and FICCI to promotes Innovations and entrepreneurship in the Indian SMEs in clean technologies. The program is designed to identify innovations in the area of Energy Efficiency and Renewable energy in SMEs and provide mentorship to the innovators so that they can showcase their innovation on global platform. The above initiative of the department also highlights and brings into focus the “Zero defect and Zero effect in manufacturing” slogan of the Prime Minister wherein the focus on clean technology will lead to zero effect and enhance the sustainability of our manufacturing processes.
 I feel happy and contended that though being a Commerce student I have excelled in the field of Science which needs an in-depth knowledge of Thermo-Dynamics. If this is what I could do it from scratch in a decade’s time in alien area by being pushed to the corner due to victimization in Income-tax Department then what I would have contributed to Indian Revenue Service which I chose as a dream career while being in the service. This is what I am trying to drive the point that administration is silent for an Indian Revenue Service Officer being tagged with a heinous remark “NOT TO BE POSTED TO FIELD POSTING” which is really self-contradictory to what the Officer has really done and achieved on the field when he was left helpless, unaided and fully vulnerable.
I lodge my protest officially for the remark “NOT TO BE POSTED TO FIELD POSTING” which is without any sound basis, reasoning and that too without giving an opportunity. Please inquire this matter fully. As I have placed my resignation and decided to move on I feel happy that even after being hounded inside the service I have not only brought laurels to the Department but to the entire country.  I request you that till my resignation is not accepted I will not be attending any office as I am in no mood to come back as I totally stand disconnected with work.

Thanking you.

                                                                                                Yours faithfully

                                                                                                                           Sd/-
                                                                                                (S S Hari Rao)
CC to:-
1.     Commissioner of Income-tax (ITAT), Bangalore


Address for Correspondence
#10(1/3), Muthanna Gardens
11th Cross Anepalya Main Road
Adugodi Post, Opp to Muthumariamman temple
Bangalore - 560030

No comments:

Post a Comment